Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy upheavals

Things have been very scattered around here this last week. My father in law is finally starting to move his stuff out and into his new house. We have been slowly bringing over boxes of my stuff to go through and put away as his stuff thins out and there is more and more room.

Hopes are that we will have my storage unit empty and all my things here before the end of the month!

It shouldn't take long to move my stuff over one his is finally out of the way, but he only moves a box or two every couple days, so it may take a while.

Things are exciting on the chicken front. The first batch of babies are growing like weeds. I have two, possibly three confirmed cockerels.

You can see the comb coming in on my Barred Rock cockerel in the front middle.  His sister is the little reserved brown lady with the lovely face behind the Buff Orpington int he front. 
Another shot of the Rock cockerel front left, and you can see my little brown Bantam cockerel strutting his stuff  across the day run.
My goofy Wyandotte girls sticking her beak int he camera, she is such a  ham, so much personality! You can see the little Lavender Bantam in the middle, pretty, sweet little thing, this one is the other possible cockerel. If it turns out to be a cockerel, I really hope it keeps its sweet and gentle temperament, I really like this little chick. You can see the Plymouth Rock cockerel on the right, looking like a crow. 
The kids were excited and very happy to get to play outside for a while yesterday in the warm, if over cast, weather.

The goofier of my two Wyandotte girls in the front again, she just loves being photographed and her silly face is always in the front it seems. You can see my reserved lady Rock in her lovely brown barred plumage and a few bantam faces along with one of my Orpingtons standing taller than everyone else in the back. 
A buff Orpington cleaning her toes, a pretty Brahma lady behind her on the left with the other Orpington in the back on the left. You can see the backs of the Rock cockerel and one of the Wyandotte girls on the right, and all my little mystery bantams in the middle. 
Chewy girl on watch.
While the big kids played outside the little ladies stayed inside and had some lovely quiet time with the fresh clean run all to themselves.

One of my sweet Salmon Faverolle puff balls enjoying some dandelion fluff, while one of my Jersey Giant girls  gets a tasty sip of fresh water. 
My to Faverolle girls and my to Black Astrualorpes having a snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment