Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday inspirations and motivations

(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
The morning sun filtering through autumn trees.
So I am going to try to start blogging every Monday. Just a little commitment to myself. This will be a time where I try to devote  a little space to things that really inspire me. Just a little way of trying to motivate myself and my readers. I would also like to take time on Fridays to set aside a blog for whats new in my shop that week. But lets try tackling one day a week at a time, *wink*.

(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
Fogging hanging on morning fields and frosty breath out of warm noses.

So today, for our first Monday I want to talk about things that have been inspiring me and I would also love to hear from my readers what inspires and motivates you?

This crisp fall weather has really put me in the mood to create warm and inviting little treasures. This time of year always gets my creative juices flowing and drives me to seek out the softest and warmest fibers I can find. I am really wanting to make cuddly and snugly little things. Practical wrist warmers, pretty little fingerless gloves, decadent hats and luxurious little sweaters.

I love early mornings! I love how the fog lingers and hangs low to the ground. I love the mist catching in the tree tops and my hair. I love that crisp moist feel in the air! I just adore icy dew drops caught in spiders webs and frosty blades of grass. The entire world just feels so magical! I love walking in the early morning hours, feeling like I am the only soul in the world. Every where I look I see inspiration.
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
Icy dew caught up in webs. 
Frozen dew in a spiders web makes me think of beaded lace. frosty sage and icy every greens inspire me to think of colors that reflect how I feel. The shapes of holly leaves, the bright spot of winter berries, I become driven to seek out ways to bring these colors, textures, shapes and feelings through my work and to my audience.
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
The textures of the world around me.
I would like to take a moment now to share some images I have captured with you in hopes of inspiring and motivation you. I also invite you the reader, to chime in and tell me what has been inspiring you!


(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
Steam rising off the world as the sun heats it.


(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
Warm earth colors.

(c) Full Knitted Jacket, Nov 2008
Delicate forms hidden in plain site.





All photos in this blog were taken by me and are the soul property of me. Please contact me for permission before using any images from my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment