Friday, May 25, 2012

Painting and sewing and rain

It has been raining all week!!!
View of the rain from our front window, as seen from my sewing table.
Which means inside projects. The first half the week John primered the little bedroom and I worked on a little dress project. It has an embroidered bodice featuring a hand sketched version of Sun Bonnet Sue and a colorful little skirt. The bodice work has taken me most of the week to complete.
I have always loved Sun Bonnet Sue and you know about my passion for gardening! This is inspired by a darling quilt my great grandmother made me when I was a wee one. (c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
I decided to go with a thread tone that would compliment the skirt fabric I chose. (c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012   
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
I love adding all the little accent touches, they are what really make a piece special! (c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012   
I decided that it was silly that every little Sue I had ever seen had white skin, so I chose a beautiful, warm, chocolate tone for my bodice. (c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012   
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
One of my favorite things to add, the flowers!
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012

Missy Cat said I had been working hard enough through the nasty rainy weather that I deserved a break. So I put my embroidery aside long enough to make Short Round and the rest the family a healthy treat. I made two batches of power balls, little healthy energy snacks.
Then it was back to work for me!
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
The chickens wondered what had happened to mom, since they hadn't really seen much of me all week.
But Chewy Dog assured them I was working away inside and would be back out as soon as the weather cleared up.
I just love her little braid! it finishes her off so completely. Very happy with how she turned out. 
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
Bear decided she really liked the fabric I picked!
So much that I had to chase her down to get it back! But in the end it worked out, She helped mom pin pleats and sew the skirt to the bodice. One straight pin at a time.
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
I am presently finishing off the bodice edge with a  lovely blanket stitch. I will then turn my attention to the hem line and it shall be complete!

But it hasn't been a week of all sewing. I have painted and baked some as well.
Calzone half fail. Still tasty, but not right. 
I made calzone, which didn't turn out so great due to old yeast and I made lemon cookies which turned out fabulous enough to make up for the calzone and then some!
Yesterday I even took a day off, simply called in sick to life with the blahs. Today I was back to work though, I got a first coat of my base colors on the little bedroom walls.
You can see the original brown ceiling paint through my pink texturing. The ceiling and all of the trim was that deep brown originally. And all the walls were the color that the door presently is.

Bear was really excited about getting her own room! This was the girls' room, but Short Round has moved into the big bedroom now that grandpa is gone and Bear has been waiting in anticipation for a room of her own. She was so excited when dad started primering the walls and mom painted the ceiling. However...
When she woke up from her nap to see I had transformed her room to this... I simply do not have words for the look of horror and disgust that contorted her face. Apparently Bear does not approve of pink walls, no matter how many times mom tells her it is a lovely rose color and it will be assuredly beautiful when it is done. In her defense, it is very pink.
Too bad she can not share my country cottage vision. The two wall shades will have a textured over layer to blend them and tone down the colors. The window will be framed in roses and the ceiling and walls will have a border trim of little flowers and vines when it is all completed.
Not sure if you can see the floral pattern on the blue tile flooring in these photos, but I just love this floor!

I think it will be lovely when it is all done. Let's just hope Bear can bear with me. I think I may even have enough paint left to do the big bedroom as well, though I may end up having to buy a bit more. I keep thinking I would love to paint the walls of the big room teal with a painted white picket fence and roses on the fence. Guess we shall see how the mood strikes me and what my inspirations are when I get to it. I originally was going to paint the big room light mint green and a light lilac or lavender purple, but why buy more paint if I have enough of this one left? Hmmmm, sudden thoughts of a light minty green on the walls and lilacs painted into the corners or framing the window with the painted fence and roses. Ohhh!
(c) Full Knitted Jacket, May 2012
Anyway, that's been my week. The little dress is almost done! And the weather forecast is supposed to warm up, with clearer skies ahead. Which means back outside to button up the coop and clamp down on our gardening.

Which reminds me, I have much blogging to catch up on in regards to both the coop and the garden!

All photos in this blog are the soul property of Full Knitted Jacket. Please contact me for permission before using any images from my blogs. All product designs, descriptions and images copyright Lae Morae / Adina Higdon and Full Knitted Jacket unless other wise specified. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment