Friday, December 6, 2013

Julenisse of Kindness

I saw this blog on Kindness elves, a spin off of Elf on a Shelf, who honestly creeps me out! http://theimaginationtree.com/2013/11/alternative-elf-on-shelf-tradition-kindness-elf.html

So today I picked up some beads to give these a try on my own, since I have no clue where to buy them. I figured Juletomten can leave a little Julenisse of kindness for little Bear. I am now trying to decide the best way to attach the beads. Maybe a little crocheted chain body inside? Like chains going to each leg and arm with beads for hands and feet, then back to a main body and up through the head and securing to a braid of hair? Then knit the clothes to go over?

My Grandmother used to make me the most amazing and beloved clothes pin dolls with little Bead heads when I was a child and I now wish I had paid better attention. This will be a bit of a learning experience for me but will update how it goes.

I think these little guys will fit in nicely to our current traditions and holiday activities. Today while visiting Sinterklaas at the mall we picked up an ornament to get some one a Secret Santa gift. We picked some one in a retirement home and got them a Knitting Loom pack. We are all very excited about this one since we are such a crafty family.

We also have been thinking of ways to be giving to our neighbors this season with thoughts of gifting the neighbors with St Lucia cakes and then maybe Julebukking and taking cookies about. If you think of any great ideas please leave your ideas in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment