Monday, April 16, 2012

Ruching your Garments

I have been talking a lot about sewing lately, and have recently mentioned my new found impulse to try ruching some shirts to add a more flattering wardrobe collection.

I found some ruching tutorials and really want to share.
Image courtesy of RushBrooke Strand
Here is a very simple one, cut and dry and a great quick reference.
Image courtesy of Katie's Awesome
Here is a good example of how to use ruching on bodice work... or curtains, or skirts, or really anything!
Image courtesy eHow mom
 Here is an explanation of how to use elastic for ruching, this would be great on knit fabric like a t-shirt.

I hope these might help my fellow inspiring seamstresses. And remember to check out my Facebook page and my Pinetrest boards for inspiration and great patterns. I love sharing my finds as I come across them. So like and follow along to make sure you don't miss out.

1 comment:

  1. we are also manufacturers of Knitted Garments & woven clothes for mens, Womens & kids.......

    ReplyDelete