Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Plants, Seeds and Recipes?

(c) Full Knitted Jacket April 2012

Friends and fans, as an avid organic gardener and believer in self sustainability, I have decided to celebrate the warming months by opening up my shop to wider things. I likely will not be listing live plants or seeds this year, but please know I do have some things I will pass on very cheaply if you are interested. I have live fully organic plants that I will sell you "dirt" cheap. Along with many seeds I have collected from my own garden, including mustard, dill and many squash, I believe I also have broccoli seeds. 

The live plants will be shipped bare root, and if interested please contact me right away! 



Lemon balm is an amazing hardy herb from the mint and balm family that is great for teas all year around. Perfect for soothing anti viral teas in cold season, or refreshing iced teas on hot summer days. I will even pass on tips on harvesting and drying at your asking. 


Sage plants, perfect for your herb garden.


Parsley plants, another perfect cooking herb you can grow at home. 


I have ginger starts also. Live rhizomes with plant starts ready for your potted garden or in warmer climates they can be planted straight into your garden. I can send on some ginger growing tips at your request. 


Live bare root black berry plants. For those who do not live in the pacific north west where black berries grow prolifically, I would love to share the bounty of these lovely berries with you! The roots are a perfect natural cure for loose stools, the leaves share the beneficial properties of the red raspberry and are great for women's tonics. These will arrive at your door ready to be planted. At your request I will share trimming tips and ideas for keeping your new garden treasure in check! 

Mustard seeds are great tossed into stews and in the crock pot with corned beef. The greens are great in a dandelion green and fresh greens salad. Wonderful to make your own mustard powder or table mustard. 



Dill seeds, another great kitchen herb that is easy to grow.
As I am not yet set up for officially selling seeds and plants, everything this year is extra cheap, and will not be shipped to you in fancy packaging. Same great organic quality from a back yard farmer to your back yard, but none of the added cost of the frills. I just want to share my abundance and over stock with you. 



All you need to do is contact me with your custom order request and it's yours while supplies last. Shipped straight to your door from my garden, right away. (Seeds are all last years seeds and have been properly stored, they will not be shipped straight from my garden)

Please consult your local planting guides for your area before purchasing, as I am in the pacific north west and will be making plants available through our safe planting season. Now is the perfect time to plant any of the above listed live plants, so if interested please do not hesitate! 



Contact me via email at Full.Knitted.Jacket@gmail.com or on facebook  https://www.facebook.com/FullKnittedJacket .

Up coming, be looking for many more seeds next year as I harvest the ones from this season. I re allocated my extra strawberries this year, but if you are really interested in some I have several I could make available. Next year be looking for strawberry plants, black berry plants, possibly raspberry plants, lemon balm plants, parsley plants and tons more seeds! 

Also be watching my shop for recipes, I plan to start adding some of my favorite recipes that I have written, for very low cost to you. First on my planned list? A wonderful summer dish, potato salad.



(c) Full Knitted Jacket April 2012
All photos in this blog are the soul property of Full Knitted Jacket. Please contact me for permission before using any images from my blogs. All product designs, descriptions and images copyright Lae Morae / Adina Higdon and Full Knitted Jacket unless other wise specified. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment