Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Of socks and toes

This week I am making myself some wool boot socks. Which, as I was grafting my toe on my first sock made me think, to graft or cinch? What is your preferred method?

Grafted? or Cinched?  I don't really mind grafting at all, I just always have too look, do I purl first or knit first, do I start in back or front, sighs. A true sign I don't make socks often enough.

I have decided to give the cinch method a try next go round. Can't hurt right?

On that note... here are some pics of my boot sock in progress. This pattern will be up for sale in my shops very soon. I just need to finish this pair, get some pics, and polish things up.

Work in progress, with much help...

Yummy wool with doubled heel and toes, great for boots!
Extra long!
Ready to graft...

Bear approved, extra snugly!

All photos in this blog are the soul property of Full Knitted Jacket. Please contact me for permission before using any images from my blogs. All product designs, descriptions and images copyright Lae Morae / Adina Higdon and Full Knitted Jacket unless other wise specified. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment