Monday, November 7, 2011

Great aspirations

Days like this I sit in quiet contemplation, thinking in ponderment  (yup, I just made up that word) how lovely a giant knitted throw would be. You know the kind, super lush and cuddly. Something that goes on and on and you can fully wrap yourself in, completely getting lost in the folds of it. Something big enough to drench the entire bed.

Then I remember I'm lazy. See this is something I have thought before. In fact over and over again since I first started crocheting as a very young child. I have made afgan after afgan. And each and every time I find a few dozen rows in I am ready to be through. Project after project gets shelved for years because I have become bored with the very thing I was so in love with.

In fact now, at this very moment a tiny blanket sits in a bag on a shelf, a blanket I started a year ago while pregnant. A blanket I would wrap my new born in, or so I told myself.  Alas, Bear has many blankets and the need has waned.

Still on cold days like this, I think to myself, just how nice it would be to snuggle down into the depths of a warm woolen throw.....

No comments:

Post a Comment