Monday, December 12, 2011

Best laid intentions

With all of my talk of trees and truffles yesterday fate had other plans for us. On my very last load off laundry for the day, (at least till bear made more) the washer broke and decided to just keep pumping.

Our entire bedroom was under a couple inches of water and over half the kitchen was flooded before anyone noticed.

We spent the morning sweeping water out the door and thanking the gods for shop vacs. But several more loads of laundry latter the floors are squeaky clean and everything is mostly back to normal. Thank goodness for bare concrete floors! Our rugs are still in drying by the fire the last things left to be restored.

So this Monday I am super duper thankful for plastic tubs!!! and bins!!! All of my fiber, fabric and yarn was in either bins or tubs of some sort or other and thus all seems dry as can be and safe! yay!!! Other wise I would still be bawling 24 hours latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment